Scott Livingston. Over 25 years experience concentrating on Maryland Procurement Law.
Our team concentrates on state procurement and contract law backed by the powerful resources of the firm of Rifkin, Weiner, Livingston, Levitan & Silver, LLC, we have represented hundreds of contractors and vendors at the Maryland State and local levels.
We have successfully handled many protests on behalf of clients challenging a contract award. Scott Livingston has handled more bid protests than any attorney in private practice.
Government Contract Legal Services:
- Bid protests and claims at the procurement officer, Maryland State Board of Contract Appeals, and judicial levels.
- Compliance with Maryland ethics laws.
- Litigation avoidance strategies.
- Arbitration of disputes before the American Arbitration Association.
- Settlement of claims of all types, especially heavy and highway construction contracts.
- Subcontract drafting and negotiation.
- Compliance with MBE rules and regulations.
Procurement-Based Legal Services:
- Management of claims preparation, pricing, and litigation for prime contractors, owners, subcontractors, and sureties in public works construction.
- Preparation and presentation of unsolicited offers for telecommunications, high technology, etc., contracts with the State.
- Development of proposals for electronic commerce and telecommunication contracts with the State.
- Resolution of claims for highway construction projects.
- Issues arising out of specific contract awards and performance.
- Every type of performance issue, including interpretation of contract clauses, and identification and pricing of change orders, especially for heavy and highway construction projects.
- Creation and negotiation of joint ventures and teaming agreements, such as "detail/build" projects for the State Highway Administration.
- Protests over the award of State and local government contracts.
- Appearances before all tribunals that hear protests, including Maryland State Board of Contract Appeals, Maryland Circuit and Appellate Courts and the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
Debarment and Suspension
- Representation of clients suspended or debarred from government contracting.
- Representation before the Board of Public Works.
Contract Claims and Litigation
- Substantial experience in claims preparation and litigation on behalf of government contract clients.
- Claims involving change orders, constructive changes, and equitable adjustments under various standard government clauses.
- Disputes over interpretation of contracts and rights and obligations of the parties.
If you want to get a contract awarded or a contract claim settled, you will be subject to the complexities of Maryland procurement law. Livingston Procurement Law knows this area of law because Scott Livingston helped draft the procurement regulations years ago as an assistant attorney general. In private practice over the last 25 years, Mr. Livingston has represented hundreds of clients on bid protests worth over billions of dollars contracts. Other than lawyers in the Office of the Attorney General, who represent the state agencies against you, Livingston Procurement Law handles more procurement issues, over a wider variety of industries, than any other law firm in Maryland.
In some cases, the merits of procurement laws may not be enough to protect your legitimate business interests. RWLLS, which has the biggest government relations practice in Maryland, can help deal with elected officials.